I offer telemental health services over a secure, encrypted platform (no Facetime or Skype). This is a 50-minute individual therapy session that occurs over your computer or phone, using both audio and video.
The cost per session is $175 — unless you are covered by Cigna — the same as face-to-face sessions. As with in-person therapy, I maintain the same cancellation policy.
- You must be a resident of New York state.
- You must keep a credit card on file.
- You must complete all paperwork on my electronic health records portal before the first session.
- You must have a solid, reliable WiFi connection and a modern device.
Video sessions may be appropriate for you if:
- You live in New York but are too far away from my office in NYC to make face-to-face sessions feasible.
- Your mental health, mobility or child/elder care struggles make it difficult to come to my office.
A Note About My Biases
In my experience, something gets lost when therapist and client are not in the same room together. As a therapist, I rely on my empathy and the ability to notice subtle cues in how my clients carry themselves. Some of these signals get lost when communicating over the internet. That being said, I am a mental health provider on a popular telemental health app and have received significant training in telemental health through that platform, and believe that video therapy can be effective. If it is at all possible for you to meet me in person I think that would be ideal, but if you want to work with me and you have impediments to meeting me in person, I will use everything in my toolbox to help you.